The thrill of solving a series of puzzles and tasks within a certain amount of time is what makes an escape room so much fun. It requires creativity, problem-solving skills, teamwork, and, most importantly, patience! However, it can be easy to get caught up in the excitement and make simple mistakes. Avoid committing these seven ‘deadly’ sins and you’ll enjoy the ultimate Spellbound escape room experience!
- Greed – All players share in the responsibility of finding clues and completing tasks. Don’t be greedy by only looking for the easy-to-spot clues or trying to solve all the puzzles yourself; teamwork is key! Sharing your discoveries with others can help you complete objectives faster.
- Wrath – Don’t get frustrated and hulk out if you don’t solve a puzzle quickly. Breaking game props and furniture is not a good strategy. It’s dangerous and can make the game unplayable for yourself or the next group.
- Sloth – Don’t give up! Even if you feel like you have tried everything, keep trying different approaches until something works. The key to success in an escape room is not giving up.
- Gluttony – Don’t hoard clues or discoveries– share with your team! It’s easy to be overzealous when it comes to finding clues, but focus on one task at a time, and you will eventually find success.
- Envy – Leave your competitive nature behind when playing an escape room. While winning is important, so is having fun! Pitting yourself against other players won’t help you progress faster; it can slow down progress and ruin the overall experience for everyone involved.
- Desire – Don’t be tempted to cheat by looking up solutions on the internet or sharing them with other players. Every player deserves the chance to experience the game firsthand, and the joy of completing a challenge should not be diminished by someone else’s answers. Ultimately, having respect for other players and the game itself is key to a successful and enjoyable experience.
- Pride – Don’t be too proud to ask for help. If you are stuck on a puzzle or can’t find a clue, it’s OK to request a hint from the gamemaster, who will provide advice and tips without giving away the solution. They’re here to help, and they’re a part of your team!
Remember: a successful escape room experience isn’t all about the victory, it’s about the journey. As you make your way through each stage, take time to appreciate the details of the story and explore how seemingly unrelated clues come together. Be mindful of other players and remember that everyone is on the same team— so get creative, work together, and have fun! With Spellbound’s immersive escape room experiences, you are sure to enjoy every moment of the journey.